Support the sponsor of this video: http://www.squarespace.com/tutvid
We’ll take a photo and add realistic-looking bokeh to the background using a technique using blurring after isolating the subject of the photo. By the end of this video you will know how to use Field Blur, Tilt-Shift blurs, and the temperamental bokeh sliders that this filter has given us.
Tags: photo retouching,how to retouch photos,photoshop,photoshop tutorials,photoshop tutorial,add bokeh,adobe photoshop,photoshop cc 2019,adobe photoshop cc 2019,tutorial,photo editing,photoshop cc,learn photoshop,photoshop manipulation tutorial,photo manipulation tutorial,photoshop manipulation,photo manipulation,photoshop cc 2019 tutorial,editing tutorial,adobe creative cloud,manipulation photoshop,shallow DOF,shallow dof photography,field blur,FEAT
- Open the image and create a selection around the model using Quick Selection + Select and Mask
- Unlock the background layer and convert to a Smart Object
- Apply a Field Blur of a few points at 120px and 150px
- Also, apply bokeh of 65% and some bokeh color, too. Limit the Light Range to get a pleasing effect. This balance between the blur size, amount of bokeh and the range of light to which the blur is applied is where the magic happens. Spend as much time tweaking this as you must.
- Turn on the layer containing the model we cut out and make any final adjustments to get the perfect bokeh effect.
Leave a Reply