Description: CREATE A SWIPE TO REVEAL EFFECT IN AFTER EFFECTS! | We’ll manually keyframe a mask to hide and reveal a type tagline in our video project.
In this After Effects tutorial, we will learn to create and animate a mask that will form a highly customizable animated mask that will hide or reveal text as an object travels through our video (we will use a truck driving in this video to “swipe” in some text.) Learn some basic features of transforming, text, masks, and animation in After Effects in this tutorial.
Tags: masking after effects, walk by effect after effects, walk by effect, walk by transition, after effects reveal text, text reveal, text reveal after effects, text swipe after effects, text reveal tutorial, after effects tutorial, after effects tutorials, AE
Site Exclusive Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Text Wipe On Effect
- Place video clip and scale to comp size if needed
- Place text, Futura non-condensed around 225pt colored white
- Duplicate video and place copy above the text layer
- Create a mask with the pen tool and drop a keyframe right where you first want to begin exposing the text as the leg swings through
- Animate a few frames as a time and transform and adjust the mask so it moves with the vehicle and reveals all of the text
- Advantage to masking a duplicated video layer to reveal the text is that we can resize or change the text and the mask still travels with the foot. If we just used a mask right on the layer with the text, it would need to be adjusted and tweaked with any size or position changes we made to the text itself.
Leave a Reply