CREATE A COLORFUL DATA VISUALIZER THAT PLAYS WITH MUSIC AUTOMATICALLY! | Check out how to use this audio waveform effect in After Effects to create a cool audio visualizer in a snap.
In this After Effects tutorial, we will create a cool colorful visualizer that will connect to any audio layer we place in After Effects and automatically generate an effect that bumps and jumps along with the music. You will see just how many different types of visualizers After Effects has built into this effect and how much you can modify and customize your very own visualizer effect. Thanks for watching!
Tags: audio visualizer, audio visualizer after effects, audio waveform, audio waveform after effect, audio animation after effects, visualizer after effects, waveform after effects, after effects tutorial, after effects tutorials, special effects after effects, special effects tutorial, AE
Site Exclusive Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Create new Composition sized 2560×1440 with a duration of the audio track
- Drag the audio track into After Effects
- Right click in Composition’s panel and choose New>Solid and choose a dark gray as the fill
- Drag the audio track from the Project panel to the Composite
- Open the Effects & Presets panel and search for “Audio Spectrum” and drag that into the composition
- Set the Audio layer to the audio layer in the composition
- Tick on “Composite on Original”
- Set the Inside color to #FF0079
- Set the Outside color to #FF00EA
- Set Hue Interpolation to +90º
- Change Display Options to “Analog Lines”
- Start Freq. 20 End Freq. 2000
- Freq. Bands: 250. Max Height: 6000
- Audio Duration (milli): 50. Audio Offset: 0
- Thickness: 4.00. Softness: 50%
Leave a Reply