Learn how to create complex shapes easily with this little trick in this Illustrator tutorial!
We’ll learn about the power of the art brush by dabbling with strips of color and creating complex shapes that we can customize any which way with this technique.
Tags: illustrator tutorial, adobe illustrator, illustrator, graphic design, adobe illustrator tutorial, illustrator tips, illustrator tricks, illustrator cc, illustrator tricks and tips, adobe creative suite, illustrator tutorials, adobe illustrator tutorials, illustrator tips and tricks, adobe illustrator cc, illustrator cc tutorial, illustrator pen tool tutorial, nathaniel dodson, tutvid, art brush, brush tool, make shapes, vector artwork, AI
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Create the strip of colors you want to use.
- Use Adobe color to grab some colors that work.
- Color theme: https://color.adobe.com/sunset-theme-color-theme-10561821/?showPublished=true
- Create the squares and then group them and make the art brush and choose the proper direction
- Paint with the brush
- Create a shape and apply a stroke with it
- Change the stroke weight to tweak the size of the rainbow
- Create looping shapes
- Maybe pathfinder in some shadows and make noisy, crunchy shading?