HARNESS THE POWER OF TRACK MATTES! | Learn to use animations and a simple Track Matte to create very complex transitions very easily!
In this Premiere Pro tutorial, we’ll learn to create transitions by stacking clips, adding a transition animation and a simple Track Matte effect that will work like magic and give us complex and beautifully animated transition effects in no time flat!
Tags: premiere pro, premiere pro transitions tutorial, transitions, adobe premiere pro, premiere pro tutorial, premiere pro transition effects, premiere pro cc, sam kolder transitions, adobe premiere, transitions premiere pro, premiere pro 2017, premiere pro transitions pack, transition, premiere pro zoom effect, premiere pro zoom transition, transition premiere pro, luma fade, premiere pro transitions zoom, tutorials, how to, Premiere Pro Tutorial, tutvid, nathaniel dodson, PREM
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Mattes I got from here: https://vfx.productioncrate.com/search.html#query=transitionmattes&type=transition-categories
- Instead of being stuff with the regular old transitions in Premiere, did you know you can use animations that you’ve created or downloaded to instantly create pretty awesome transitions.
- I’ve downloaded a few animations from ProductionCrate, that’s why I figured this would be a good video to have them sponsor, and check out how simple and fast this is.
- First, show the animations on ProductionCrate.
- Drag the animations into Premiere
- Adjust where the clips down the timeline go.
- Create the overlap clips and drag a transition above the overlap
- Add the Track Matte Key
- Repeat the process for two more transitions.
- Wrap it up!
- If you create this effect, make sure you tag me on instagram @tutvid and I’ll make sure I like and comment your post!
The script from the voice over example:
“Last summer I made a trip to Havana, Cuba. I had a drink at Lah Bo-dah-geet-a Dehll Meh-dee-ah, saw Morro Castle, the Museum of the Revolution, and Old Havana. I met a girl doing circles in a local square, and this crazy street performance I could hardly bear.”