ALL ABOUT HOW TO USE THE RIPPLE DELETE AND ROLLING EDIT TOOLS IN PREMIERE PRO! | We will cover some great tricks for performing cuts, edits, ripple deletes, J and L cuts, rolling edits, extended edits, and much more in this Premiere Pro tutorial!
In this Premiere Pro video editing tutorial, we will break down all the various ways you can use the Ripple Delete feature as well as extracting and rippling footage, creating custom hotkeys to help your editing process fly faster than you ever imagined, and also a number of default Premiere hotkey tricks that will help with both speed and precision in your next video editing project.
Tags: how to, how to edit video Premiere, edit video Premiere, premiere pro tutorial, premiere pro tutorials, ripple delete premiere, rolling edit premiere pro, J cut premiere, L cut premiere, editing video premiere, edit a video tutorial, extract video premiere, edit faster in premiere, premiere pro, best editing premiere, premiere pro help, PREM
Site Exclusive Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Ripple Delete – make 2 cuts and ripple delete
- Ripple Deleting an empty area – select an empty area between cuts and right click and ripple delete
- Also! Make sure you have Marker>Ripple Sequence Markers ticked on to allow markers to ripple up/down the timeline with your edits.
- Show how to set an Add Edit hotkey to cut clips and use the “X” hotkey to ripple delete that bit of the clip
- Hotkey to “pick up” the Ripple Edit tool (B)
- Hotkey to hold to get to and use the Ripple Delete while editing (Cmd)
- Hotkey to ripple delete a frame at a time to perfect a cut (with Ripple Delete tool selected, click a cut and use Alt/Opt + left/right arrow keys)
- In/Out and Extract the piece of footage – show extract command w/ hotkey (‘)
- Rolling Edit tool to focus ripple delete on just one track and not affect anything down the timeline or knock anything out of sync (Cmd/Ctrl and hover over the cut to activate this tool)
- Hotkey: Alt/Opt + click and drag video to only roll video and/or audio (this is great for creating J/L transitions)
- Extend edit to the play head by selecting the cut and press “E” or Extend backward by hitting “Shift + E”
- Extend/Trim Edit: Shift Q/W (this happens across all tracks. Use Shift + Q/W for it to only affect the targeted track(s))
Leave a Reply