LEARN HOW TO USE AND READ A HISTOGRAM IN THIS VIDEO! | Histograms can be difficult to understand, but they’re so useful! Learn all about them in this video using Photoshop.
In this Photoshop tutorial, we’ll break down the histogram in Photoshop and I’ll show you how to read it and why it’s so important. You can use the histogram in Photoshop, Camera RAW editor, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve, or even in the flesh on the back of your camera or monitoring screen while out on a shoot. The histogram is important!
Tags: histogram, photography, dslr, how to read a histogram, what is histogram, adobe photoshop CC 2018, photoshop tutorial, How to Read a Histogram in photoshop, how to use histograms, histogram tutorial, how do histograms work, understanding the histogram, how to use a histogram, histogram, nathaniel dodson, tutvid, histogram photography, histograms explained, histogram photography explained, histogram photography definition, how to use histogram in photography, digital photography histogram, FEAT
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Of all the features I’ve been so fortunate to have used in Photoshop, none has transferred into my everyday use whether I’m in Photoshop or Lightroom, whether I’m using Premiere Pro or color grading in Davinci Resolve, or even out shooting photos, shooting video, or anything to do with getting a good exposure on any project that I’m working on like learning how to read a Histogram and what’s going on with that thing.
- The histogram, it’s like Instagram but without any photos. I guess that means it’s not at all like Instagram, but it is so incredibly useful for all kinds of things in Photoshop or really anywhere that you may be looking at levels of light or color in an image, a piece of video footage you’re shooting, or even heavy color correction and grading of images or film footage.
- Let’s take a look at how to read the histogram.
- For the sake of keeping things simple, we’ll spend the bulk of our time checking out the histograms in Photoshop.
- Use Histogram Panel and show the RGB view
- A, so bring up the image in Camera RAW and show the Histogram
- Get back to the PSD and start using Levels and push tones around and show how it changes and how it affects the Histogram.
- Play with and explain the histogram as you go.
Leave a Reply