GET PERFECT EDGES FOR YOUR SELECTIONS IN PHOTOSHOP CC! | Learn how I use a double pass of Select & Mask to get awesome edges and make complex selections much easier.
In this Photoshop tutorial, we’ll take a crack at making a difficult or hard selection in Photoshop. We will select a person and cut them out using a double pass of Select and Mask to build the perfect selection edge and get great selections with super clean edges whether you need lots of clean straight lines, or are cutting out a complex head of hair. Learn ALL about making selections in Photoshop with this tutorial.
Tags: how to cut someone out photoshop, how to cut something out photoshop, how to cut someone out photoshop, selections photoshop, difficult selections photoshop, precise selections photoshop, how to, make selections photoshop, complex selections, how to cut out anything photoshop, how to make selections, how to cut out hair, photoshop, photoshop cc, photoshop tutorial, photoshop tutorials, tutvid, nathaniel dodson, select and mask photoshop, photoshop beginner, PS
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Use Paris stock photo and two female models over blue/purple/pink background
- Cut out a person or object that has fine, detailed edges and also straight, high contrast edges.
- Create a rough selection of the object in question
- Select and Mask and refine edge of the hair
- Export as a new layer with a layer mask
- Use the hotkey to reselect the last active selection
- Select and mask for the clothing/body
- Use the Quick Selection Tool and clean up the edges/sections that need it
- Use the Brush tool to add/remove solid areas that are needed
- Smooth globally, feather a bit, contrast the edges to clean them up, shift the edges back a little bit
- Export to a new layer with a layer mask
- Wipe out the bits of each mask that are needed to “merge” the layers together
- Drag these layers onto the new background
- Use Soft Light brush to touch up the hair edges on the hair masked layer a tiny bit, then enter back into Select and Mask and view in “On Layers” and use the Decontaminate Edges slider to see how this is going to look and tweak it until it looks right
Leave a Reply