Support our sponsor! http://squarespace.com/tutvid
Learn how to cut out hair in Photoshop with these 5 tips & tricks! (a few bonus tricks included, too!)
We’ll explore how to cut out hair in Photoshop in this video and talk about how I cut out hair in Photoshop smoothly and use Select & Mask as well as the refine edge brush, a Soft Light blend mode trick, creating a custom hair brush, and much more in this complete guide to cutting out hair in Photoshop CC!
Tags: how to cut out hair in photoshop, cut out hair photoshop, photoshop hair selection refine edge, select and mask in photoshop, how to cut hair in photoshop, photoshop hair brush, how to remove background in photoshop, how to cut out hair in photoshop smoothly, how to cut out hair in photoshop tutorial, how to cut out hair in photoshop cc 2019, photoshop tutorial, photoshop cc, photo manipulation, photoshop cc 2019, tutvid, nathaniel dodson, FEAT
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Split hair from the rest of the selection to focus on hair vs. rest of body
- Quick select whole model in Select & Mask
- Tweak the smoothness, feather, and contrast for better edges
- Clean up any spots that need it with the brush or Lasso
- Output to new layer and layer mask
- Use refine edge brush and decontaminate colors
- Get back into Select and Mask and use the quick select tool in there to make the rough selection around the hair
- Make note of the Refine edge and show how it’s used especially the brush sizing and soft edges
- Touch on the decontaminate color box and how the slider cna make a massive difference, but also the of the damage decontaminate color can do
- Output and then use a mask to paint away the extra bits to effectively combine both pieces.
- Use Levels on the mask to clear up halos, also use Soft Light brush
- Do the general edge halo clean up with Levels on the mask
- Show how powerful the Soft Light brush can be as well (reduce brush opacity for bonus points)
- Select any trouble areas and use Color Range and manually punch them out in the mask
- Target any really troublesome areas or the troublesome area on the brunette model and show the Color Range tool trick
- Fill that selection with black on the mask and move on
- Clone stamp using a hair brush (also try a regular brush)
- Create the brush and show the Brush Menu settings for good results
- Show this with the Clone stamp and the regular brush tool.
- Rough selection with Lasso or Select Subject and set composition.
- Split body from the hair
- Select & Mask use Refine Brush + Regular Brush in there + Decontaminate Color slider
- Levels on the hair mask + Soft Light brush tool
- Build a hair brush and use it on the layer mask
- Clone stamp tool with the hair brush on a new layer
- BONUS: Loop selection around difficult bits and use Color Range