CREATE THIS SYRINGE IN ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR! | Using simple shape tools and the Pathfinder, we will create this slick little syringe illustration in Adobe Illustrator.
In this Adobe Illustrator tutorial, we will quickly create a series of shapes and manipulate the strokes, sizes, and fills to combine the shapes using the Pathfinder panel in Illustrator to build this filled syringe icon design much like the syringe emoji!
Tags: digital illustration, how to draw, how to make an emoji, how to make an icon, how to create vector, how to draw illustrator, vector illustration, draw a syringe illustrator, create a needle illustrator, design a logo illustrator, how to logo design, how to, illustrator tutorial, illustrator tutorials, AI
Site Exclusive Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Create a background and fill with #00d96d
- Make sure you turn on Smart GuidesStroke and Fill as you build
- Stroke and Fill as you build outline for the syringe is #262626
- Create these shapes:
- 550×150 rectangle200x40 rectangle and duplicate for plunger and needle base
- 200×40 rectangle and duplicate for plunger and needle base
- 150×150 circle
- 25×400 for finger leverage point
- 300×25 for the needle
- 25×190 shape and position at end of plunger
- 425×175 rectangle and fill with #ff002b
- Group all pieces together and copy/paste in front syringe and set all fill and stroke with white.
- Object>Expand Appearance to expand strokes to fill
- Use Pathfinder to merge all to a new shape.
- Set a 20pt white stroke set to outside to this new shape and drag it below the syringe.
- Add Drop Shadow to outer white stroke: 20% opac, X:0, Y:5px, Blur:2px
- Create series of 25px wide measure marks and use alignment tools to space the notch marks correctly
- Add 25px tall highlight and mask away part of the plunger
- Create 40×40 circle and use Anchor Point tool to create sharp edge and create a drip shape. Add a 20pt white stroke to the outside of the drip. Add a Make sure fill is selected at the bottom of the tool bar and use the eyedropper tool to Shift click the fill from the red shape in the syringe to copy the fill.
- Add a drop shadow to this drip shape as well.
- Set a background color of #00d96d