GET STARTED USING 3D IN NO TIME IN PHOTOSHOP! | We’ll create a simple, yet beautiful, 3D text effect in Photoshop with this tutorial.
In this Photoshop tutorial, we’ll take a simple approach to creating 3D text to take the mystery out of creating beautiful 3D text that interacts with the background and then the process of rendering it to complete the 3D text effect. It’s pretty fast and pretty easy, but a whole bunch of fun. Get started with 3D in Photoshop today!
Tags: 3D Photoshop, 3D Photoshop Tutorial, How to, Use 3D Photoshop, 3d Text Effect, 3D Text Photoshop, Typography Effect, Type Effect, Photoshop Type, Photoshop Text, White 3D Text, White 3D Text Effect, Simple 3D Text Effect, Photoshop Tutorial, Photoshop Tutorials, Photoshop 3D Text Effect Tutorial, How to Create 3D Text, How to Create 3D Type, How to Create 3D Text Photoshop, FEAT
Site Exclusive Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Create new document 1920x1080px
- Fill background with White
- Grab Type tool and type out a word, use the font Yellowtail or Jazz Script at 400pt size without any other settings adjustments in the Character panel
- Set color of the text to VERY light gray #f7f7f7
- Right-click on the layer and choose to convert it to 3D layer
- Right-click on the background layer and choose to convert it to the Postcard (3D Postcard)
- Shift + click both layers to select both and go 3D>Merge 3D layers
- Select the 3D text and set the extrusion to 75px
- Select both the text and the background and move the camera view to see both objects from the left side.
- Grab the Move tool and choose to align to the left side to move the text to the “floor” and align it perfectly with the background.
- Right click on the view widget in the bottom left corner and choose to restore the default view mode.
- Open Photoshop Preferences and go to 3D settings and choose to render Very High Quality shadows and set the quality level for Ray Tracing to at least 4 (higher the number, longer the render time.)