LEARN ALL ABOUT PHOTOSHOP MASKING IN LESS THAN TEN MINUTES! | In this Photoshop tutorial, I’ll cover the ins and outs of masking so you can begin using masks like a pro today!
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will break down exactly what, why, and how about masking in Photoshop. From the very basics of covering with black or revealing with white and soften edges to mask inversion, viewing the mask’s alpha channel, and disabling a mask without deleting it and so much more! Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy the video!
Tags: how to mask photoshop, masking photoshop, create a mask photoshop, how does masking work photoshop, photoshop tutorial, photoshop tutorials, photoshop cc, photoshop cc 2018, masking photoshop cc 2018, masking photoshop cc, masking photoshop hair, FEAT
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Do a basic solid color layer and punch a few holes in it with a mask
- Fill that mask with black and paint with white soft-edged brush to show how masking reacts to the soft edges to fade the effect
- III. Add dog to the picture and mask him so he’s popping out from behind the bride
- Add a Hue/Sat layer and shift the hue to change her smoke bomb to pink
- Fill the mask with black (explain the invert mask trick to quickly hide a layer so it can be painted in later.)
- Use a channel to select smoke from her smoke bomb and use that selection and paint in the area white to show the pink color over the smoke
- Convert his suit to black by quick selecting it and then add a B&W adjustment layer to auto add a mask
- Show Layer Mask in menu.
- Show Layer Mask in Layers panel (and Alt/Opt clicking for filled mask.)
- Show Shift + click to disable mask
- Show Alt/Opt + click to enter alpha channel