PHOTOSHOP TUTORIAL: LEARN EPIC STUFF ABOUT PHOTOSHOP CC! | Learn about the global color smart object trick, select & mask tips, and how to colorize a white object and more!
SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: http://squarespace.com/tutvid
UI Kit used in this video: https://365psd.com/day/4-205/
In this Photoshop tutorial, we’ll take a look at changing units of measure, the power of path operations to build complex shapes, a trick for filling shapes and text faster, global color with Smart Objects, how to split selections across multiple iterations of Select & Mask, and a bonus tip of how to colorize a white object. Thanks for watching and I hope you love it!
Tags: photoshop tutorial, photoshop tutorials, how to, how to retouch, smart object photoshop, masking photoshop, select and mask Photoshop, adobe Photoshop CC, Global color Photoshop, UI Photoshop, UI Design Photoshop, Select & Mask, colorize objects, change color Photoshop, color white Photoshop, colorize Photoshop white, tutvid, nathaniel dodson, LIST
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- Change units of measure
- Path Operations to Cut or Merge Shapes
- Fill Text or Shapes with foreground color with hotkey
- Smart Object for Global Color
- Select & Mask Tricks (feather + contrast && refine brush && use Soft Light Brush to touch up after the fact)
- Change the color of a white object
- Bring up rulers and show that
- Use shape tools and create a calendar icon using path operations to cut and add to/from icon
- Set a foreground color and use hotkey to change fill of the calendar icon
- Drag the calendar icon into a much larger UI PSD and create the colored rectangle and convert to Smart Object and copy smart object across the place and then change one smart object to change all colors
- Drag girl in white dress over Paris shot and Select Subject and then enter Select & Mask
- Brush edges that need fixing first
- Refine Edge for the hair 2nd
- Play with changing the views to get a good look at what’s going on
- Feather and shift the edge inward 0.5% or so
- Blend with the underlying image (VIEW MODE) and decontaminate color and use the slider to try to find something that works OK
- Then load pre-made selection of just the dress
- Add a Hue/Sat adjustment layer: COLORIZE – 235/75/-40
- Add Levels using the same dress mask: RGB/20/0.75/240 RED/0/0.6/255 GREEN/0/0.90/255 BLUE/0/0.60/255
- Duplicate girl with white dress up and apply dress mask and set to Soft Light Blend mode. Use opacity along the way to make adjustments as needed.