The Dodcast Podcast Info
The Dodcast is an audio & video podcast show hosted by Nathaniel Dodson (me). This page will contain lots of info to help familiarize yourself with the show, what it is about, how it looks and sounds, and what the next steps are if you’re interested in being a guest (you are interested, aren’t you?)
What is The Dodcast About?[sta_anchor id=”what” /]
The goal of the Dodcast is to propel fellow humans toward a more fulfilling, happy, and productive life by presenting entertaining and informative conversations full of inspirational and educational life stories and opinions of myself and some of the interesting minds in the world.
The goal is not to have an interview, but rather a conversation. We’ll begin with a single question and carry the conversation from that point organically as the vibe ebbs and flows between us. It’s going to be a blast and we always have fun when recording a show!
Frankly, you don’t have to. Isn’t that part of the beauty of living in the land of the free? Look, I’m not the greatest at selling myself, but I do have a pretty decent sized YouTube channel with well over 500,000 subscribers and watched by 1.5 million people each month.
By being a part of my show, you would have access to over 1,000,000 creative-minded and entrepreneurial people with well over 75% of my audience falling between the ages of 24-65.
Also, it’s just a really fun time to get together and talk about all kinds of different business, personal motivation/ self-development, technology, art/design, photography, abstract concepts in life, TED-talk level ideas, historical events, share personal stories, and explore each other’s minds and share the experience with the world in one beautifully cinched one-on-one casual conversation style setting.
The Dodcast is distributed in a video format on YouTube and also as an audio format on iTunes, Spotify(soon!), and Stitcher.
If you have a book, product, service, or anything that you’d like to promote, you will be able to do that on the show.
Who is the host?[sta_anchor id=”who” /]
I am the host of the show and my name is Nathaniel Dodson. I’m really nothing special, but I have ambition and I like to get things done and make things happen. Here are a few quick facts about me to help you get to know me a little bit:
- I run a company called “tutvid” that is dedicated to providing the world with free training material for digital design, video editing, and photography. You can check out the YouTube channel here. You can check out the website here.
- I am married and have two kids. Getting married changed me. Watching my wife give birth twice changed me even more. Watching my two kids grow day by day has changed me ever more.
- I like history. I like reading books. I love reading books about history.
- Psychology of the mind and how the words we use can change the way people think or feel about us is fascinating.
- I have an absolute passion for photography.
- I’m a tenacious person. My own harshest critic. I grind my own bones in an effort to make myself physically and mentally stronger. I admire grit and determination in others. It makes me envious.
- I prefer to take the difficult road, the road less traveled, the road that builds character; especially if it isn’t the practical thing to do. The lessons learned when you dance on the edge of chaos and order are too valuable to let slip by.
- I hate all this “me, me, me” talk. We should get together and do a show. Then you can decide if I’m simply insufferable, or if I’m not that bad.
What does The Dodcast Look Like?[sta_anchor id=”visuals” /]
We record the show at your place! This is one of the big differentiating factors of the visual production of my show.
Speaking of production, I like production value quite a bit. We use high-end cameras and microphones to ensure the show looks and sounds pristine. The best way to describe the overall look of the show is to compare it to a few current podcasts to give you some ideas of what we will be doing.
These are the podcasts that have much in common with the type of setup with which we’ll be shooting and recording:
Unlike these other shows, however, I record out on location at your place. The idea is to share not only a piece of your story but do it in your natural state. We can choose to shoot at your home, office, studio, out in the park, or even a Norwegian Fjord (if you have access to one.)
We sort out the scheduling and logistics of how this works, but my assistant and I have this down to a science and it’s a simple process at this point. Speaking of how all of this will work…[/column][column]
What are the next steps? [sta_anchor id=”next” /]
If you’re still interested, great! Here is a brief outline of how this typically works:
- Respond to my email and confirm interest in joining the show.
- I’ll then send you a link to our internal calendar so you can choose a date and time that works for you. (generally, we schedule podcasts as soon as one week out or as much as 7 weeks out.)
- Along with the calendar, I will send a short list of things that we’ll need (some contact info, a permission release form, and a couple other things to make sure we have a smooth show.)
- After the details have been settled by us, I’ll confirm that the podcast with you 24-48 hours before recording.
- The day of the podcast, we will arrive at the agreed upon location and set up our audio/video gear, record the show, break the equipment down, and leave. Simple.
- 24-48 hours prior to the podcast going live, I let you know the details of exactly when the podcast will go live and where you can find it.
Above all, thank you very much for your consideration. I appreciate the time you’ve taken to review this page. –Nathaniel Dodson