EASY & ADVANCED WAYS TO GET AMAZING COLOR IN PHOTOSHOP! | Use LAB color, Curves, targeted adjustments, and more for amazing vibrant color that will knock your socks off!
In this Photoshop tutorial, we’ll look at five amazing ways to quickly and effectively enhance the colors in your photography. We will bump LAB channels for a quick and dirty color explosion, we’ll use HSL sliders for exact adjustments, we’ll make pretty colors look incredible with Color Balance, we’ll use Blend If with adjustment layers to make amazing color, but only in one part of an image, and finally, we’ll target Hue & Saturation to enhance the color by simplifying the color palette of a photograph to make the image jump with color and mood. Hope you enjoy the video!
Tags: colors photography, better colors photos, photoshop tutorial, photoshop tutorials, adobe photoshop, tutorial, make better colors photoshop, colors photoshop, make colors pop, brighter colors Photoshop, how to, how to make colors pop photoshop, better photos, color theory, photo editing, edit with photoshop, how to edit photos, how to make colors pop, tutvid, nathaniel dodson, photoshop CC 2017, photo manipulation, 5 tips and tricks, FEAT
Site Exclusive Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
- (Matty Mohawk) Convert to LAB mode. Curves adjustment layer. Steepen a and b channels. Combine Adjustment layer and Background of photo into Smart Object and convert image back to RGB and choose to keep the Smart Object.
- (Soni Shot) Targeted Adjustment Tool in Camera RAW editor (TIP: right-click to bring up the parameters you can change)
- (Penns Landing) Color Balance Adjustment Layer. For images with a lot of colors, tweak and make changes. For regular images, set to the Darken Blend Mode and make changes that way. TIP: Adjust the Highlight portion of the image last so you can tone down over coloring of the bright parts of the image.
- (Cira Center Image) Add a Curves adjustment layer,
- BLEND IF IT:
- Use Color Balance: M:+15/-10/+5 H:none S:+10/-10/+10
- Black as foreground color and enter quick mask mode. Use gradient tool to make a black to transparent gradient from bottom upward.
- Exit Quick Mask mode and place a Hue/Sat adjustment layer
- Tweak Yellows and Greens to change Hue and Saturation to make nice
- Add another Hue/Saturation and use the targeted adjust tool to desaturate and adjust hue of sky to make it more teal-ish.
- Add a Gradient Map adjustment layer and set to gray-green-comm gradient and set layer to Soft Light
- Add Curves adjustment layer and kill some contrast/fade blacks and pull darker tones down a little to create rich faded effect.