Learn the best 4k video in this detailed Premiere Pro CC tutorial!
Support our great sponsor, Skillshare! The first 250 people to use the link will receive 2 months free of Skillshare https://skl.sh/tutvid3
We’ll look at sequences for 4k footage, marking the clips, exporting, codecs, and a bunch about bit rate and how important it is for getting a high-quality video for YouTube,
Tags: how to export 4k video, premiere pro cc, premiere pro tutorial, export 4k video, 4k video for youtube, export 4k premiere pro, render 4k video, render 4k premiere, how to render in 4k, 4k render, how to, video editing, 4k video, adobe premiere pro, best settings, 4k resolution, premiere pro export settings, export 4k, how to make 4k video, how to export video, export in 4k, nathaniel dodson, tutvid, bit rate, h264, h265, video codec, PREM
Tutorial Recording Notes:
Disclaimer: these are the actual notes I used to record this video and are written in a language you may or may not understand. Hopefully, you find them useful or cool.
Show how to create a new sequence for our 4k video using Digital SLR preset and use the frame rate that is applicable to your footage
- Change the size to 3840×2160 to accommodate the 4k footage size
- Tick on Max Bit Depth if you’re working with footage that is higher than standard 8-bit footage. This way Premiere will show you full glory of that 10-bit goodness, which is especially useful while grading.
- Build the sequence and edit in some audio/video
- Place the In/Out points
- Select the sequence and open the export dialog
- Select the source range and quickly explain this
- Use the h.264, maybe quickly mention the fast rendering + Smart Render advantages of the Quicktime>ProRes 442 (HQ) or DNxHQ/DNxHR and MXF>DNxHQ/DNxHR wrappers/codecs?
- Ensure that the resolution is right, also that you’re exporting audio and video
- Run over audio very quickly
- Run over the bit depth and CBR/VBR 1/2 and compare with YouTube’s recommended bit rates: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
- Queue in AME and note that you could continue editing while this exports, or you can export multiple videos in one batch
- Show a comparison of CBR 1mbps for 4k vs 55mbps for 4k